Growing muscle while losing fat is like a dream come true for any fitness enthusiast.
As Christmas is approaching and many people will be setting up new year goals, we are going to share some time-tested supplements that have been proven to improve muscle mass while shredding stored fat.
How can one accomplish this task?
Setting up a goal is not enough, you need to have an exact blueprint of the process required. Three primary fundamentals of bodybuilding are:
- Staying consistent with weight training
- Understanding your macro requirements.
- Efficient recovery.
Most of the guys at the gym are obsessed with the workout routine, but tend to neglect the need for proper nutrition and recovery.
Let's talk about the top supplements that can help you gain lean muscle mass.
Increasing the lean protein intake should be your stepping stone when it comes to gaining muscle while trimming down the fat.
Protein is one of the three macronutrients that your body requires to perform the following tasks:
- Repair: Protein plays a crucial role in repairing muscles, bones, connective tissues, skin, and hair.
- Hormones: Amino acids are required to regulate the hormonal balance and control bodily functions.
- Enzymes: Hundreds of chemical reactions are taking place in the human body, protein helps in establishing better connections throughout the body.
We all know that whey protein is one of the best sources of lean protein but how does it help in improving body composition?
Interestingly, increasing the protein intake helps you lower weight by improving the metabolic rate, and keeping you fuller for a longer period of time.
There have been a lot of myths about the side effects of Creatine monohydrates. But the fact is, it is one of the most well-researched supplements in the world.
In simple words, Creatine helps in generating more energy on the cellular levels to improve physical performance.
Creatine supplementation helps an individual in many different ways, it helps in:
- Boosting athletic performance.
- Production of anabolic hormones
- Improved cell hydration
- Restricts the protein breakdown
- Increases muscle growth through improved cell signaling.
A 4-week study was conducted on 30 male university athletes from baseball, basketball, and tchoukball teams. It was found that the group of athletes supplemented with creatine demonstrated improved body fat percent, muscle strength, and power performance.
BCAA stands for Branched-Chain Amino Acids. BCAA comprises three essential amino acids: Leucine, Isoleucine, and Valine.
BCAA is a potent supplement that primarily helps in muscle building and muscle recovery.
BCAA has always been loved by bodybuilders because of its ability to support lean muscle development.
Additionally, bcaas are low in calories which makes them a perfect supplement for people who like to train in a fasted state.
Some people believe that pre-workout supplements are just a waste of money but that's not true. The right pre-workout supplement will fuel your workout to have a great training session.
Pre-workout will help you push harder in the gym which promotes better muscle building and a higher metabolic rate.
Not all pre-workout supplements are created equal and their effectiveness is decided by the blend of ingredients.
Common pre-workout ingredients that help you burn more calories.
- Caffeine: it's one of the most common stimulants that is present in almost every pre-workout supplement. Caffeine keeps you focused and increases the overall energy levels while training.
- Black pepper extract: It improves the thermogenic effects which boost the rate of calorie burning.
- B vitamins: B vitamins play many essential roles in energy metabolism in the body. B6, B12, and Folate play a crucial role in the metabolism of protien and fats.
Photo by cottonbro from Pexels: https://www.pexels.com/photo/woman-girl-bed-bedroom-4045549/
Good quality sleep has been neglected by many lifters.
You should not be underestimating the importance of good sleep if you are serious about your performance. Lack of sleep may affect your performance in the following ways.
- Strength: Poor sleep may lead to poor strength. A 2017 study conducted to find the relation between sleep and muscle strength found Men with shorter sleep duration (<6 hours) had poorer muscle strength than men who slept for 7-8 hours.
- Metabolic rate: Poor sleep is also associated with poor metabolic rate. Sleep deprivation may lead to weight gain.
- Fatigue: it's so obvious, poor sleep leads to fatigue which in turn affects performance.
- Recovery rate: Most of the recovery takes place while sleeping. Poor sleep will lead to poor recovery.
Our SLEEP WELL sleep formula contains a blend of natural ingredients that are scientifically proven to help with restful sleep and also improve the quality of life.
Natural Testosterone boosters
Human body is not programmed to gain muscle and lose fat both at the same time. That's the reason pro bodybuilders go through bulking phase to gain muscle mass and the cutting phase to cut down stored fat.
One effective way to simultaneously gain muscle and lose stored fat is to increase the body’s natural testosterone levels.
Testosterone is a key male hormone that helps in improving body composition.
It's a hormone that plays important role in cognitive functioning, skeletal muscle development, reproductive function, bone density, production of red blood cells, libido, energy levels, and sense of well-being.
We at Warrior's nutrition have created, a natural testosterone booster. It contains an all-natural formula that has been
We at Warriors Nutrition Co have created SURGE, a natural testosterone booster supplement with an effective blend of highly potent natural ingredients that improve your natural ability to pack on muscles.